Patrick Becherer is a nationally recognized trial and appellate lawyer specializing in product liability, toxic torts, environmental, intellectual property and commercial lawsuits. He has tried cases in the federal and state courts throughout California. In addition, he has served as the national and regional trial counsel for manufacturers of motor vehicles, tires and pharmaceuticals, for whom he has handled cases in more than a dozen other states. During his 40-year career, he has completed dozens of jury trials with successful results for his clients.
Patrick also maintains an active appellate practice. He was admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court in 1979 and has handled more than 90 appeals in federal and state courts.
Patrick is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Wabash College, Indiana, AB, 1965
- University of Michigan, JD, 1968
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Product Liability Advisory Council
- Member, Editorial Board, California Tort Reporter
- Author and speaker, What’s New in Tort and Trial Practice, 1990–2013
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Product Liability Litigation published by USNews.com
- Northern California Super Lawyers®—Civil Litigation Defense
- Top Rated Lawyer® in Commercial Litigation published by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell®
- Faculty, Masters in Trial, American Board of Trial Advocates